Assisi Pax Mundi 2016: Musicians in "Dialogue" with the Spirit
The annual International Festival of Franciscan Music, Assisi Pax Mundi 2016 in its third edition this year will be held in Assisi from October 13-16, 2016.
St. Francis prayed singing ad mindful of their tradition, the Franciscan families of Assisi, in collaboration with the Choir of the Papal Basilica of St. Francis, presents the 3rd International Festival of Sacred Music Franciscan.
The aim of the festival is to promote sacred music, especially that linked to or inspired by figure of St. Francis of Assisi and the Franciscan Movement.
The 3rd edition of this Festival is being celebratedf in the context of the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy proclaimed by Pope Francis and Eighth Centenary of the "Pardon of Assisi", the indulgence obtained by St. Francis for the church of the Portiuncula.
Among the highlights of this year’s Festival we highlight is the involvement of children and young people.
The culmination of the Festival is the final concert Saturday evening in which all groups will participate. The event will conclude with a Solemn Eucharistic Celebration in the Upper Church of the Basilica of St. Francis and the combined performance of the “Canticle of the Creatures" by Domenico Stella, O.F.M.Conv.
Program: International Festival of Franciscan Music, Assisi Pax Mundi 2016
Thursday, October 13
5.00 pm: Sala della Conciliazione - Town Hall in Assisi:
- Welcoming by the representatives of the Franciscan families and city authorities.
- Inaugural Presentation: "Franciscan Music in Music History" - Maestro Alberto Batista
9.00 pm: Lower Church of Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi:
- Charlie's Angels Gospel (Rome)
Friday, October 14
10.30 am: Cathedral San Ruffino, Assisi:
- Choral and Instrumental Ensemble of the Music High School "D. A. Atzuni " (Sassari, Sardegna). In cooperation with the Liturgical Choir “Laudate et Benedicete” ("Praise and Bless") (Sassari) and the Comprehensive Institute of Assisi 1
4.00 pm: Church S. Maria Maggiore, Assisi:
- Schola Cantorum "San Gaetano" (Marina di Campo - LI)
5.30 pm: Cathedral San Rufino, Assisi:
- Polyphonic Choir "Francis of Assisi" (Sassari, Sardegna) and Chorus "LaudArmonica" (San Francesco al Campo - TO)
9.00 pm: Basilica S. Maria degli Angeli, Santa Maria degli Angeli:
- New Vocal Ensemble (Senigallia, AN) and Chorale "City of Parma" (Parma)
Saturday, October 15
12.00 noon: Church S. Maria sopra Minerva, Assisi:
- Noincanto (Portogruaro - VE)
4.00 pm: Church of San Pietro, Assisi:
- Polyphonic Choir of Silanus (Silanus - NU)
6.00 pm: Oratorio Santa Chiarella, Assisi:
- Choir "J. S. Bach "(Pisa)
8.30 pm: Upper Church, Basilica of St. Francis, Assisi:
- Closing concert with the participation of all choral groups
Sunday, October 16
10.30 am: Upper Church, Basilica of St. Francis, Assisi:
- Mass presided by His Excellency Domenico Cancian, Bishop of the Diocese of Città di Castello. All choral groups will participate in the liturgy.
- Followed by the combined performance of the "Canticle of the Creatures" by Domenico Stella, O.F.M.Conv
In preparation for this year’s Festival on YouTube.com all the performances of 2015 Festival are available.